Skip to main content

Getting my school on

September is one of my favorite times of year. September is when the weather breaks. This happened on Saturday. Friday it was 85/90 degrees, and on Saturday I don't think it got over 50 degrees. This, while sad in a summer sense, makes me happy in a fall sense. I like the cooler crisper air, and the fact that the leaves are chanign colors and falling. I like watching the beauty of the season unfold around me; and there is something wonderful about that first cup of Hot Cocoa or first spoonful of homemade soup that warms you right down to your tippy toes.
Am I sad to see summer go? Not really. Not this time. It was a beautiful hot summer, but me and my friends took full advantage. We went to the beach at least every other weekend. We had parties at the boys apartment, we spent the lazy evenings lying around in the A/C... It was a good last summer.
But this new academic year promises to be exciting, full of adventure and fun. My friends and I moved out our parents homes and into our own wonderful home. I love that I love to be home. I desperately want to get home at the end of the day's classes; I love to be in my room, or my kitchen, or my living room, or visiting with my friends in their rooms.
September heralds the cold season, whcih heralds Christmas; and that is exciting too. I am thinking about all of the things I could make for friends and family for Christmas, and while I am not ready to start decorating, I am starting to plan.
This year things will be different in many ways. Money is tighter because I have to pay rent, but I love being home, and don't need to spend as much on fast food or hanging out a bookstores. Time is tigher because I have to work my 20 hour weeks, but at the same time I have a full day off on Friday - so I can sleep in and get a three day weekend!
This is the most exciting fall I have ever experienced, and I wake up excited (and tired) each morning of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lights came on fast

So I think I am going to go for the blog titles that have nothing to do with status! I am lacking pictures :( BUt i have finished stuff! - Brian's stripey socks are done! - Baby Gabe's hoodie is in zipper process - Baby Charlie's hoodie is awaiting washing, blocking and zippering I am working on a hand towel for the new apartment. Oh, what I didn't mention it yet? I am moving out soon! I am very excited. My sister, boyroomie, and girlroomie are all moving in together in the complex that my boyfriend living in. Its a super nice townhouse, and the landlords seem like a really good company. I believe they are part of Natapow management. We are going to move in, hopefully, in August. Anyway, given that this will be a shared apartment, and for me, home, I wanted to give the apartment some things that would be for everyone, like hand towels for the downstairs bathroom. (and maybe the upstairs too.) I think I am also going to make some curtains for my room, out of yarn,

i made this :)

This was my quick and easy project. I made it for my cell phone, because I COULDN'T stand the idea of buying an over priced cellphone holder from Verizon, or a cheap cheezy one from Walmart. I got the bag at the Women of Faith 2006 Conference in Rochester NY. It was very cool, because it is from World Vision, and I was planning on sponsering a child through them anyway. They gave me the free bag for allowing them to take money from my credit card. :) I was delighted with the bag, its huge, and I have a beautiful young lady named Roda from Zimbabwee. I am going to write her a letter very soon. My boyfriend and I picked out the yarn, it was one of the closest color choices in a thin cotton yarn. What can I say? I went to Micheals! The button was out of my mom's vintage-ish button collection. I ended up giving this one to my mother in law to be, because she really liked it, AND she got a new older cell phone. She didn't like the size of the phone, but it was digital and h

Mother's Day 2010

This year for Mother's Day, I found the perfect pattern about 6 weeks ago.  Now, understand that my mom has lost an incredible amount of weight! This makes sweater building in short time much more doable. This is Nicole.  Her chest is clearly larger than the intended size, but she was checking fit for me while we were out to lunch one day! This sweater is Tappan Zee from knitty.com. I modified it just a hair, and used commerical yarn I picked up at Webs several years ago. (I bought it site unseen, and the color was "scarlet". It's not any scarlet I've ever seen before!) My mods are slightly longer sleeves, so mom can lift her arms without exposing her arm pits - just a comfort thing, and extending the buttons down the front. Mom would have very little use for a cardigan that didn't have buttons all the way down.  She seems pretty happy with it - if the pictures can be trusted :) I have a limited amount of time, and unless I plan something super far in