6.07.2006

eeek

Wow...
Time flies when you are worried about finals! I did very well this quarter, gaining a 4.0. One of my teachers gave me an incomplete for class, but I handed in the final project a week early. Someone else in the class got that too; so I am thinking it is a fluke or mistake with the computer system.
I've done a bunch of knitting since I last posted but not a whole lot of it was productive. I haven't finished anything! I ripped out the baby blanket about 3 times now. I started a flat knit with seed stitch that is double stranded and on size 13 needles (i think...) the work is going faster now, but sheesh.
I started Eunny's free Print O the Wave stole- I just had to make some lace! I am not joining the great lace- I don't have that kind of time to commit to getting this done!
Last week I went to Toronto with my friends for an Anime Convention (Anime North) and afterwards we went camping for the 4 hottest days this summer so far. It was frustrating. We ended up seeing movies and hanging in the mall just to get in the a/c.
However, I had a great time- got away from my family and spent the week with 4 of my favorite guys!
My boyfriend, Brian, has finally decided to move to New York, and he is asking our friends who just got a new apartment if he can be a #4. He would save them each like $75 in rent, which would probably make life a bit easier....
We are praying that this works out, he is very excited about finding a job up here so he can take care of me!

While Brian and I were driving to the apartment the other day, we got off the 390 at Jefferson, and there was a man standing with a sign that said, "Will work for food." My heart broke. We tried to buy a sub to give to the man, but the police had chased him off for loitering, I think. My church needs to have some sort of help in place. I wanted to give the guy a sub, but I would rather have offered to drive him to work- a place to work with food to eat and sleep. I am not talking charity- not in the traditional sense. No one in the US should have to go without food... but it happens all the time.

Sorry to end this on a sad note, but its been on my mind. I will post pictures of spinning and knitting tomorrow! (or very soon after)

1 comment:

CY Jang said...

Hello,

We are researchers at the University of Texas working to better understand people's blogging behavior, and you are an ideal candidate to help. We would like very much to hear from you, and would greatly appreciate your time and willingness to respond.

Without your help, this kind of research would be impossible.

Please take a few minutes to read and answer the questionnaire on our research Web site: http://omega.uta.edu/~cyjang/blogsurvey/. It should take about 10 minutes of your time, and your answers will be very valuable.

Your identity will be protected because responses will be coded to provide anonymity; No personal names will be used. Of course, this is voluntary- by completing the survey you give your consent to participate. If you have any questions about the study or the questionnaire, please do not hesitate contacting us at your convenience. In the near future, we will be happy to share our results with you.

Thank you.

Chyng-Yang Jang & Michael Stefanone
------------------------------------------------
Chyng-Yang Jang & Michael Stefanone Assistant Professor
Department of Communication
University of Texas at Arlington
PO Box 19107
Arlington, TX 76019
Phone: +1 817-272-4142; +1 817-272-0735
Email cyjang AT uta DOT edu; stefanone AT uta DOT edu