Skip to main content

i should be doing homework


of some sort. But i am not. I am catching up on blogs, listening to Muse, and working on a crafty project. (More about that in a moment.)

First, my gift hat. A friend at church was born 5 days before I was. He looks awful cold most of the time; and the other day when we were at the market, he was eyeing a rack of hats and gloves.
This only took about a weekend. It is Paton's black merino, left over from my brother's birthday present. Chris tried Ethan's hat on that day, and I thought it might be a good gift for Chris. This one is different. I ribbed throughout for a nice stretchy fit. The red is some Red Heart "Soft Yarn". I don't normally use acrylic with wool yarns, but this was bright and I only needed a handful.
The acrylic was purchased recently for the new project I am working on. I have to admit, I was inspired by two things.
The first was this post. Then I saw this. I was enthralled. Go ahead, look at them all! I discovered that day, the art of arigurumi. I was so excited I made my fiancee take me to the craft store so I could purchase hooks and yarn.
He is such a good sport. If I enjoy the process of making these cute dolls, I might make more. I would love to make them for my children to have. My mom is pretty psyched up too, she loves dolls and doll clothes. This is the perfect project for us.
Oh, whats that? You can crochet too? You want to make one of these silly things? Oh, well I can help you with that. Hold on, let me find that link... oh, here it is. I am not making it exactly as the pattern lists... I am using the pattern as a way to make my personal vision come true ;)
I am very excited though... those crocheters weren't lying when they said that crochet is faster!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

lights came on fast

So I think I am going to go for the blog titles that have nothing to do with status! I am lacking pictures :( BUt i have finished stuff! - Brian's stripey socks are done! - Baby Gabe's hoodie is in zipper process - Baby Charlie's hoodie is awaiting washing, blocking and zippering I am working on a hand towel for the new apartment. Oh, what I didn't mention it yet? I am moving out soon! I am very excited. My sister, boyroomie, and girlroomie are all moving in together in the complex that my boyfriend living in. Its a super nice townhouse, and the landlords seem like a really good company. I believe they are part of Natapow management. We are going to move in, hopefully, in August. Anyway, given that this will be a shared apartment, and for me, home, I wanted to give the apartment some things that would be for everyone, like hand towels for the downstairs bathroom. (and maybe the upstairs too.) I think I am also going to make some curtains for my room, out of yarn,

i made this :)

This was my quick and easy project. I made it for my cell phone, because I COULDN'T stand the idea of buying an over priced cellphone holder from Verizon, or a cheap cheezy one from Walmart. I got the bag at the Women of Faith 2006 Conference in Rochester NY. It was very cool, because it is from World Vision, and I was planning on sponsering a child through them anyway. They gave me the free bag for allowing them to take money from my credit card. :) I was delighted with the bag, its huge, and I have a beautiful young lady named Roda from Zimbabwee. I am going to write her a letter very soon. My boyfriend and I picked out the yarn, it was one of the closest color choices in a thin cotton yarn. What can I say? I went to Micheals! The button was out of my mom's vintage-ish button collection. I ended up giving this one to my mother in law to be, because she really liked it, AND she got a new older cell phone. She didn't like the size of the phone, but it was digital and h
Bead crochet is all the rage in my head. It's been a couple of months, actually. During the Christmas break from work, I had a dear friend over to play with beads - she has a small stash, and felt like she wasn't getting enough out of them.  I was thrilled to have a reason to pull mine out.  She wanted to learn bead crochet, but i started her on the peyote stitch, because my bead collection had been spread out, and it took me a bit of time to find all the bead crochet stuff. We never got that far, she fell in love with peyote; but I remembered how i like to bead crochet, and off i went. I'll share pictures of those bracelets, and my process and materials as I have time. In the mean time, I want to share something else... beading of course. Over the course of years beading, I have come to rely on the bead mats that are commercially available. The first time I found them, I was at my local bead shop - I have several available, but one favorite stands head and shoulders